To protect your rights and interests, please carefully read the contents of this Policy when you browse or use the Services. If you do not agree to any part of this Policy, please stop browsing or using the Services. Once you choose to continue browsing or using the Services, it means that you agree to the relevant regulations of this Policy.
1. Scope of Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to the following objects and data of the Services:
- Users browsing iKala Cloud website;
- Users subscribing to or using iKala AIOps services or authorized to use iKala AIOps services and cloud space by iKala AIOps; and
- Data (including but not limited to data generated manually or automatically by computers) generated or provided to iKala by the above-mentioned users during the process of browsing iKala Cloud website or using iKala AIOps services.
2. Purpose of collecting personal information
iKala collects personal information through this service for the following purposes:
For the official website, the purposes of collecting user’s personal information include:
- When browsing our website, the server will automatically record relevant information, including your IP address, usage time, browser used, browsing and clicking data, etc. These records are used as reference for us to optimize website services, provide relevant services, service design, internal operations, and statistical usage for internal applications.
- In order to provide accurate services, we will statistically analyze the collected survey content, present the statistical data or explanatory text of the analysis results, and provide the statistical data and explanatory text as needed, but will not involve specific personal information.
- When using this service, we may use the personal information you provide to contact you, send you notifications, promotional activities, marketing messages, customer service messages, etc., to provide a better service experience.
For iKala AIOps service, the purposes of collecting user’s personal information include:
- Used for communication between iKala AIOps and users;
- Establishing payment channels between users and iKala AIOps;
- To market the iKala AIOps service and customize advertising based on user needs;
- Collecting and analyzing how users use the iKala AIOps service to optimize service technology, develop new products or services, or diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems raised by users;
- Other applications to enhance customer service experience.
(The legal codes for the above purposes include: 067 credit cards, cash cards, transfer cards or electronic ticketing services, 090 consumer, customer management and services, 091 consumer protection, 098 business and technical information, 135 information services, 136 information and database management, 152 advertising or business management, 157 investigation, statistics and research analysis, 181 other businesses in compliance with business registration items or organizational charter.)
In addition to the above purposes, iKala may use, store, process, and share your personal information in accordance with relevant regulations or regulatory authorities’ requirements to comply with relevant regulations or regulatory authorities’ requirements.
3. Categories of Personal Data
The personal data that iKala may collect from you includes:
- Identifiable information
- Such as your name, address, phone number, email, contact person, company name, industry type, and other necessary information for business transactions provided by you or your organization.
- Information related to your inquiries or questions raised to iKala customer service center.
- Personal information provided for the purpose of trial platform application, including your name, email, phone number, address, electronic signature, billing ID, etc.
- Other information provided by you to iKala.
- Information obtained through your use of the service.
- Information related to the service, such as electronic newsletters sent by iKala, which are related to the service.
- Information related to your opinions, comments or feedback on the service, such as inquiries, participation in surveys or activities, and product ratings, obtained through phone calls, emails or other means of communication with iKala.
- Information related to payment of the service fee, such as financial institution account information, credit card number, and related information.
- Information generated by browsing or using the service, such as IP location, cookie records, iKala Cloud website or service login time, traffic/space generated by using iKala AIOps service, and other information.
- iKala may process and use your personal data for the purposes of “marketing,” “business and technical information,” and “survey, statistics and research analysis.”
(The categories of personal data mentioned above, with statutory numbers, include: C001 identifiable person, C002 financial identifier, C035 leisure activities and interests, C036 lifestyle, C093 financial transactions.)
4. Period, Region, Recipients, and Method of Data Utilization
- iKala will use or process your personal data during the operation period of this service and will take appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information. Your personal data will be processed and used in the regions where iKala provides the services or operates.
- Without obtaining your authorization or consent in advance, iKala will not provide your personal information to any third parties. However, in order to provide the necessary services to you, iKala may de-identify personal information and share the data with third parties in a form that cannot be identified as an individual’s identity. In such cases, iKala will collect, store, and use your personal data in a digitalized manner, and will establish appropriate security measures with third parties to ensure the proper protection of your personal data.
5. Data Protection
- The servers of this service are equipped with various information security equipment such as firewalls and antivirus systems, as well as necessary security protection measures, to protect the website and your personal data with strict security measures. Only authorized personnel can access your personal information, and relevant processors have signed confidentiality agreements. Anyone who violates the confidentiality obligation will be subject to relevant legal sanctions.
- To analyze user trends, iKala will use systems provided by third parties such as NetSuite, Pipedrive, and Mailchimp . iKala will strictly require them to comply with the confidentiality obligation.
6. Related links on the website:
This service may include links to websites or services provided by third parties, which are not operated or managed by iKala. These websites or services may follow different privacy policies. Before accessing, clicking, or using these websites or services, users should first understand the terms and privacy policies of the providers. These websites or services are not within the scope of this policy, and iKala is not responsible for the collection of personal information by third-party websites or services. We recommend that you carefully read the privacy policies of these websites or services.
7. Policy on sharing personal data with third parties:
This service will never provide, exchange, rent, or sell any of your personal information to other individuals, groups, private enterprises, or public agencies, except in the following cases:
- When you provide written (including email) consent.
- When it is explicitly required by law.
- When iKala reasonably determines that providing the information is necessary to prevent imminent danger to life, body, freedom, or property of the parties concerned.
- When cooperating with public agencies or academic research institutions for statistical or academic research purposes, based on public interests, and the data has been processed or disclosed in a way that cannot identify specific individuals.
- When your behavior on the website violates the terms of service, may harm or interfere with the rights of the website and other users, or cause harm to any person. In such cases, the website management may disclose your personal information for identification, contact, or legal action as necessary.
- When refusal to provide the information may result in a violation of public interests.
- When iKala must exercise legitimate rights.
- When it is beneficial to your interests to provide more accurate services.
- When iKala hires vendors to assist in collecting, processing, or using your personal information, it will fulfill its supervisory and management responsibilities for the outsourced vendors or individuals.
To provide you with the best service, this website will place and access our cookies on your computer to collect, analyze, track, and record user browsing habits, in order to better serve you. If you do not wish to accept the writing of cookies, you can set the privacy level to high in the browser settings you use to reject the writing of cookies, but this may cause some functions of the website to not work properly.
9. User Rights
- Users have the following rights under the Personal Data Protection Act to exercise with iKala:
- Inquire or request to access their personal data.
- Request to produce a copy of their personal data.
- Request to supplement or correct their personal data.
- Request to stop collecting, processing, or using their personal data.
- Request to delete their personal data.
- When users exercise the above rights with iKala, they can do so through the “Contact Us” on this website or by calling the following customer service hotline. iKala has the right to verify whether the applicant providing personal data is the party to the personal data, and the user must provide identity documents or other proof to the iKala customer service unit for identity verification. If iKala cannot verify that you are the party to the personal data after a reasonable evaluation, iKala has the right to reject this application.
- When you exercise this right, iKala may require you to bear reasonable operation costs according to the content of your application.
- You can exercise the above rights with iKala at any time, but if you choose not to provide your personal data or request iKala to delete your personal data, it may cause iKala to be unable to continue to perform the services provided. In this case, iKala has the right to terminate all or part of the services based on the arrangement of the relevant service terms or the specific circumstances of service execution.
10. Other Matters
- If you use iKala AIOps service and need to set up a set of account and password by yourself or with the assistance of iKala AIOps, you should properly safeguard the account and password, and ensure that they are not used improperly. If the account and password are leaked due to your intentional or negligent actions, resulting in the improper disclosure or use of personal information, iKala will not be responsible.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding this policy, you can contact iKala through the following methods:
Phone: (02) 8786-1110 ext. 130
- iKala may update the content of this policy at any time and notify you. If you have any objections, you may raise them with iKala within 7 working days from the date of receiving the update notification. If you do not raise any objections within the aforementioned deadline or continue to use the service, it will be deemed that you agree to comply with the latest version of this policy, and the updated content will take effect from the date of notification.
11. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
This policy is governed by the laws of the Republic of China. Any disputes arising from this policy or your use of the service should be resolved in good faith by contacting us. We will make every effort to resolve all disputes with you in good faith. If a mutually satisfactory solution cannot be reached within 30 days, you agree that the Taipei District Court in Taiwan, Republic of China shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
Any matters not covered in this policy shall be governed by the relevant laws, regulations, and practices of the Republic of China.
Last updated: April 7, 2023.